CARFAX Vehicle History Reports
CARFAX is a proudly Canadian company that provides vehicle history reports ? a critical tool when you are buying or selling a used vehicle. We take pride in being the best in our industry, and giving you the information you need to feel confident in your car purchase decision.
We are the best at what we do not only because our reports are so comprehensive and available with live data the moment you need it, but because we are committed to helping you take control of your car buying experience, and to make your purchase decision with the benefit of all available knowledge on the vehicle you are considering.
CARFAX is different than alternatives because:
- We are Canadian - We were founded to access and supply important Canadian used vehicle data that is not provided by other popular U.S. based services, including Carfax.
- Our data is real-time - We are electronically connected "live" to our data sources. This means that our data is always current. Other services purchase data dumps periodically, leaving the chance that recent important data is not included in their reports.
- We provide lien information - We are the only service that provides consumers with Canadian lien and/or security interest information on vehicles coupled with other vehicle history information. We are connected live to each provincial and territorial registrar responsible for maintaining these records. Other U.S. based services, including Carfax, do not report any Canadian vehicle lien information.
- We offer critical accident data - CARFAX has access to critical accident data that will allow you to make a more informed decision when buying or selling a used vehicle.
- We identify registration and branding details - We are the only service, available to consumers, that is electronically connected to the database for each provincial and territorial Ministry of Transportation in Canada. Through our live connections we provide consumers with access to the same current data used by departments of motor vehicles in Canada and the United States. Other U.S. based services, including Carfax, are not electronically connected to each Canadian province and territory.
- We detail import/export history - With so many vehicles crossing the Canada/U.S. border each year, it is important to know if you have a vehicle that has been properly imported into Canada. We are the only vehicle history report organization to provide important import and export records to determine if the vehicle has been imported or exported legally.
- We are fully bilingual - CARFAX is the only organization that provides vehicle history reports, website, and customer sales & service in both English and French.
- We include U.S. History - In addition to all of the above, our reports also provide consumers with data from one of the largest U.S. based vehicle history services. Through our live connection to Experian Automotive?s 2 billion+ record database, all of our reports include the data you would get from other popular U.S. based vehicle history services and more, including important flood, fire and frame damage as announced at auctions across the U.S. and Canada. We also include accident damage information from the U.S. which is not provided by our competitors.